SMS plugin allows SocialEngine community users to send SMS to their contacts directly from the SocialEngine interface. It also maintains the history of the SMS sent. SMS plugin can maintain the list of contacts in addition to friends/contacts of the community. We also provide a feature to synch with the community contact list.
Current plugin supports multiple SMS gateways –
More gateways can be added if someone wants to add new gateway for their country ! The community owners can buy SMS packages from one of the above gateways and monetize it by creating and selling SMS packages to their community users. The plugin supports SocialEngine standard payment gateways i.e. Paypal and 2Checkout. Take a look at Readme for installation and refund policy.
We do support third party plugins that can be integrated with SMS Plugin for charging users for SMS through activity points. Currently we support HE Credits & SocialEngineMod ActivityPoints. You can check more details for these plugin in HE Credits integration and Activity Points integration Blog.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that the gateway you choose, one of the above gateway, supports the country that you would like to send SMS in. You can do this by creating a trial account with gateway. You can compare SMS rates & services for your community and decide the SMS Gateway.
SMS Plugin Basic Requirements:
- SocialEngine 4.0.4 or more
- SMS Account from one of the above gateway
SMS Plugin Features:
- Send individual SMS on user profile page
- Send group SMS to non-community users
- View history of SMS on user profile
- Phone number automatically added in contacts
- Create non-community contacts
- Create custom plans for SMS package
- Integration with multiple SMS Gateway
- Send SMS to all community memebers
- Send SMS to all group members
- SMS Notifications
- Admin Analysis & Reports
- Delivery Report for all gateways
- Sync Community contacts
SMS Plugin Installation:
Plugin installation will function very similarly to the SocialEngine upgrade process.
- Log into your SocialEngine 4 site and access the Admin area.
- Access the Manage menu and click on Packages & Plugins.
- Click on the Install New Packages link, then on the Add Packages link.
- Select the modules-phone-xxx.TAR file where you extracted the
downloaded zip package.
- Follow the step-by-step wizard to complete the installation of the plugin files.
- Once installed successfully, go to Admin -> Plugins->Phone and edit your preffered gateway settings
- Go to Admin -> Settings -> Profile Questions and add a new field for storing Phone number if not exists already
- Go to Admin -> Plugins -> Phone -> SMS Setting, enter respective values and click on save. Enter 0 for Free SMS if unsure
- Go to Admin -> Plugins -> Phone -> SMS Member Level Settings and configure usage permissions for all user levels
This plugin reqires to change subscription plan for SMS packages, sms and payment gateway settings. Please go through and config them per your needs.
SMS plugin Demo:
Please check out online plugin demo
Some of the communities using SMS plugin:
- Free 30 days support.
- Paid Support After 30 days.