Do you ever think about how to change the default profile image for your community or make it different based on the gender ? Socialengine doesn’t allow you to change the default user image for your community neither it allow to set the separate avatar based on the gender as well. iPragmatech’s Avatar now delivers the much requested feature of allowing SocialEngine Admin to set their own profile image specific to their community. No need to hire any custom developer to change your default avatar now onwards and change it as per your convenience.
Plugin Basic Requirements:
- SocialEngine 4.5.x or more
Plugin allows users to control the functionality:
- Upload your own default Avatar in Avatar plugin settings.
- Choose default avatar based on gender.
- Upload default unisex avatar.
- Restore the default avatar by Socialengine.
- Display default avatar across the site for users who haven’t uploaded their profile photo.
iAvatar Plugin Installation Process:
Plugin installation will function very similarly to the SocialEngine upgrade process.
- Login into your SocialEngine site and access the Admin area.
- Access the Manage menu and click on Packages & Plugins.
- Click on the Install New Packages link, then on the Add Packages link.
- Select the modules-ipavatar.tar file where you extracted the downloaded zip package.
- Follow the step-by-step wizard to complete the installation of the plugin files.
- Open your ftp account and open your web directory. Go to the following path application -> modules -> User-> Model -> User.php and have a backup of User.php file(Just Rename it to User.php.bak).
- Check your socialengine version using Quick Stats on admin->home page.
- If your socialengine version is less than 4.8.12 than replace the existing application -> modules -> User-> Model -> User.php file with the new User.php inside User4.8.0-4.8.11 directory file given with the package.
- If your socialengine version is greater than or equal to 4.8.12 than replace the existing application -> modules -> User-> Model -> User.php file with the new User.php inside User4.8.12+ directory file given with the package.
- Open Admin control panel and click on plugins menu and select Avatar submenu.
- Go to Avatar settings menu to change the user default profile photo.
- If you get file not writable problem, then go the following path application -> modules -> Ipavatar-> externals -> images and give to the permission of all files.
iPragmatech Avatar plugin works with default Socialengine 4.5.x. If you need help getting your default avatar working nicely with any lower version or any third party plugin then please create ticket to discover your options.
Easy ways to spread the word
- Email your friends. Personal recommendations are priceless.
- Rate our plugin on the Socialengine.
- Share this plugin on twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ and other social sites.
- Free 30 days support.
- Paid Support After 30 days.