Socialengine State Importer plugin allows social networking site’s admin to create States/Cities fields specific to country and allow them to import State/City data from CSV file.Some social networking sites want to reach specific users based on their cities, states/provinces, or countries. Unfortunately default socialengine doesn’t have a way to create States and Cities fields for a specific Country.Right now admin can only create static field for state/city and there are chances of ‘typo’ from users. Even if you create a hierarchical fields then its very painful to enter the information about the States and their relevant cities.One always wish if they have a small utility which can take a csv file containing state/city for a specific country and populate it form them.
Using state importer plugin, you can create fields(States(provinces)/Cities) specific to country and can easily import the states(provinces)/cities from a csv file. This plugin saves the Admin time as they needn’t to enter state/city manually with the dependency. Admin can easily get the information about States(provinces)/Cities in the csv file from the internet.
Socialengine State Importer plugin Basic Requirements:
- SocialEngine 4.x or more
Socialengine State Importer plugin Features:
- Upload unlimited city, state for a specific country.
- Create hierarchal States and Cities for a specific country.
State Importer Plugin Installation:
Plugin installation will function very similarly to the SocialEngine upgrade process.
- Log into your SocialEngine 4 site and access the Admin area.
- Access the Manage menu and click on Packages & Plugins.
- Click on the Install New Packages link, then on theAdd Packages link.
- Select the modules-Stateimporter-xxx.TAR file where you extracted the downloaded zip package.
- Go to the path admin->Settings->Profile Questions.
- If country field is not available then Add Country field in profile question.
- Make sure country field has been created.
- If state field is available in profile question, delete the state field from profile question.
- Follow the step-by-step wizard to complete the installation of the plugin files.
- Go to admin ->layout->layout Editor and select Site Footer. Add ‘HTML BLOCK’ widget on Site Footer.
- Click on Edit on HTML BLOCK, fill the given code in HTML TextBox.
- Click on save changes.
- Go to the path application->modules->Fields.
- Please have back up the following files for future and replace the files given in the package:-
- Fields -> Api-> core.php and replace the core.php file given files with package.
- Fields -> Form-> Standard.php and replace the Standard.php file from given files with package.
- Fields -> settings-> fields.php and replace the fields.php file from given files with package.
- Fields -> Form-> Element-> City.php and replace the City.php file from given files with package.
- Fields -> Form-> Search.php and replace the Search.php file from given files with package.
- User->controllers-> IndexController.php and replace the IndexController.php file from given files with package.
- User->views->scripts->index-> browse.tpl and replace the browse.tpl file from given files with package.
- Go to the path application->modules->Fields->Form -> Element and copy the State.php file from given files with package.
- Make sure you have replaced all required files from given package.
- Go to the path admin->Settings->Profile Questions
- Add State field in the profile questions.
- Add City field in the profile questions.
- Select the State Importer menu from the path ->admin->Plugin->State Importer.
- Select the Country Name from Country field for which you have desire to upload states and cities.
- Select the csv file in City,State formate and click on upload.
- Go to user profile page(Not Admin Panel) and click on edit profile.
- On Select Country, you will get corresponding states and on select states you will get corresponding city.
Easy ways to spread the word
- Email your friends. Personal recommendations are priceless.
- Rate our plugin on the Socialengine.
- Share this plugin onTwitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ and other social sites.
- NO refund/return/exchange/cancellation
- Free 30 days support.
- Paid Support After 30 days.